Monday 22 June 2015

Jurassic World.

Eh... it was pretty good.
Well better than I expected, and I didn't expect too much.


I mean it was good at the end of the day, and I think it may have been for me purely due to the fact that Jurassic World made fun of itself at many stages.
Other than that, there isn't much to state... I dunno man, I'm lost. It doesn't help that I saw this last Thursday and have pretty much forgotten most of the effect it had on me.

But!
However, I can make this point true and clear:
Jurassic World has the most god darn product placement pumped into it, it almost makes ya sick.
Well not really, I came out really wanting a COKE!
Oh it got me, and it'll get you too. We're just human-beings!
So anyway if you're looking to shut your kids up, or want a trip down memory lane because you just miss all those CGI sensations so damn much, then go see this.
I have to say at the end of the day, that I don't regret seeing it. Jurassic World is indeed a very funny film in spots, and I'm unsure whether or not parts where I laughed were intentionally funny.
I mean, you can't help but chuckle at the ending fight scene being interrupted with constant shots of Pandora and Starbucks sitting pristine in the background.

It has Speilberg written all over it.
Until you realise he didn't in fact direct it, and you're like WHHHAT!?
He produced it, what a doll.
Colin Trevorrow directed... who is he?
I didn't know either. He hasn't done a heck of a lot, Safety Not Guaranteed....
It's that one with Aubrey Plaza in it on Netflix.
I mean it's on your list, but you're never gonna touch it.

Jurassic World felt a tiny bit surreal, and no I don't mean by the fact that dinosaurs roam around as zoo attractions, purely for profit. I mean the fact that the actors may as well have been pulling the stare into the camera stunt. One which you will see on The Office.
Although it's not Ricky Gervais/Steve Carell universe, where office life is presented as somewhat entertaining.
It was people being killed and seriously injured by flying prehistoric creatures. And then a stupid (yet awesome) battle at the end.
I.e, the T-Rex comes out of his shell for a glorious cameo shot, and works with a Raptor to kill thier love-child.
Good for them!

And speaking of cameos, Jurassic World is full of them. Although it will probably leave you with saying - "Oh yeah, she's in..." and "He's on that really really bad E4 show!"
(You'll know who I mean by this).
Hence you will feel left with this mundane sense, that they're all friends with Chris Pratt.
And yes, you're left thinking you still want to be friends with Pratt, he's still funny as ever.
As well as Bryce Dallas Howard, yeah I didn't know who she was either.
I couldn't even think if I had saw her in anything beforehand.
But she's in The Help.
Which hands down makes her a flawless actress anyhow.
She's actually in loads.
Woops.

By the way, even though Spielberg merely produced, you're not getting away from him in the near future by the looks of things.
THE B F GOD DAMN G
(That excites me).
Another Tin Tin film - like anyone needs that really.
Real Steel 2 - nah.
A Halo TV series
(sigh)
Indiana Jones 5 - woah
GREMLINS - YAASS
But, then he ruins more lives with yet another Transformers movie.
I mean god Hollywood, give it up.

Anyway, go see it.
Or not.
Whichever way, it's a sweet ending.
And showed me that Raptors are actually awesome and cute and I want one.
Some dinosaurs were amazingly adorable throughout the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment