Thursday 6 October 2016

The Girl On The Train

I've (like half of Britain) have read the book, and yes loved it. Mainly just because it was an easy read, got in done in around 3-4 days whilst I was on my holidays in Greece. It was one of those books that when you're talked to while reading it, you get pissed off due to being drawn away from it. 
But anyway the film was good. Like the book for me I only really liked one part of it - the character of Rachael. 

Image result for the girl on the train

I don't know about anyone else, but I hated every single character in the book, apart from Rachael. And low and behold, I hated every single character in the film, except for Rachael. 
It has to be said - Emily Blunt was absolutely flawless. I watched feeling like this could be an Oscar win for her. Everyone else in it was fine - and it doesn't help that I actually hate every single character more now that they've been visualised for me more. I mean Alison Janey is the inspector, and you've got surprisingly Laura Prepon as Rachael's flatmate, and they're both people I genuinely like, but their characters are just sort of there. 

So all in all I like this film, and maybe it's purely because of the character of Rachael and Emily Blunt's performance. But I went into this film with more than half a bottle of wine in me... I had a hard day, let's not judge. And at the end of the day i can't give you all a very good criticism on this film... because my perspective was askew and I regret nothing.
Although I would in no way advise going into watching a film at the cinema half-cut, it was a little hard to keep focus. And also the whole experience was difficult concerning not only the drink, but it was mixed in with being seated quite near to the front. 
Never again will I mix that together.

If you've read the book, you'll know that it is a very quick read, there are jumps in time, but all makes sense at the end. Now if you think that the booking ending was nice and quick, it's a lot bloody quicker in the film. And that's not necessarily a bad thing - especially when you're sat there almost going into comatose state from needing the toilet.

So yeah, I promise you that you will in no way like many of the characters, if any. But you will love Emily Blunt in it, the character of Rachael is a precious soul who only deserves goodness and NOT A FUCKING RAPIST KILLER CHARISMATIC FUCK LIKE TOM.
Why does every woman on earth seem to jump into bed with Tom, he's a evil human-being, urgh and fuck me the characters of Anna and Megan are just so unlikable. Purely just because they fall over themselves for Tom. Oh god and Scott is awful, aw y'know what just cut together clips of Rachael for me and that's the film I would rather see. 

Good luck reading any of that and wanting to see the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment