Saturday 25 March 2017

Beauty and the Beast

Spoiler Alert: don't go to see this is you love and cherish the character of Mrs Potts - because she about to get all cockney and what not due to Emma Thompson going right off course with this character development. 
Seriously, ANGIE LANSBURRY DIDN'T DO IT THAT WAY SO WHY SHOULD U.
Still love u Emma T.
Image result for beauty and the beast

I enjoyed it for the most part - however when the points of you have problems with outweigh what you enjoyed, then you've got to question whether or not this is in deed actually a film worth paying for.
The actors were moderately good really, although the singing... not so much. Basically everyone's fucking singing voice (maybe apart from the Beast's) was auto-tuned to fuck. It's hard not to notice really. Another point is that Emma Watson's acting - I've never truly had much of a problem with the actor, but after watching this film, it's kind of clear that her acting style is purely her looking smug even when her character has it pretty shit.

Anyway here's a list of what I liked and mostly disliked:

I liked a couple of new plot points, for example we don't have a fucking annoying talking teacup manage to save a grown ass man and his daughter from being locked away. Belle and her father (AN INVENTOR) here did the right thing and picked a lock with no help of anything magical.
Basically the less scenes in it without the character of Chip makes me happy because Chip is an annoying piece of tableware.

I liked only one of the new song additions. The one the Beast sings is pretty nice, the other new song I think called Mirror in the Sun or something - Do not like that one bit. Maybe my dislike for it is because all in all it's a pretty bad and lifeless tune... og yeah and we got that INSTEAD FUCKING HUMAN A-FUCKING-GAIN! Human Again is probably the best song from the original film after Be Our Guest. Audiences get the delight of Be Our Guest in 'live action' though, and I use the term 'live action' very loosely because of my next point.

THIS IS SOME POOR LIVE ACTION EXCUSE. I'm probably being melodramatic but legit you will forget you're watching any human on screen when you get lost in the Be Our Guest number. Suddenly you see Belle and have to remember what type of film you're meant to be watching. Afterall all actors are filmed on a green screen and it worked for something like the new Jungle Book, but with all the voice auto-tuning and everything, I felt somewhat put off.

Literally along with some quite corny acting from a couple of cast members, you're going to feel like you've come to see a Panto. Maybe I'm just still bitter because I could not enjoy Beauty and the Beast as it was ruined for me and my friend due to two freaks behind us. OH THE ALL THE TALK TALK TALKING AND EVEN SINGING, it never ended. So yeah, the experience was ruined.
*Titus Andromedon voice* "Yes I'm still mad about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment