Friday 10 February 2017

La La Land

 This review may be short and not worth reading because I have little and uninteresting opinions on it. Also, I didn't cry, and it's come to my attention that when upon watching the ending to La La Land apparently most people tend to cry.

Image result for la la land

Maybe it was just me, a film doesn't tend to make me cry unless an animal or robot die in the end, or Mrs Doubtfire gives touching speech on divorced families. I might tear up now just thinking about it. But this doesn't make me some freak with no heart, there are many many more film endings on earth which are sadder than this one.

Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling are good actors in this, and the direction and aesthetic are good. This film is plain good... I have a problem with Stone and Gosling's singing voices. For a supposed 'Musical' they have the least strong voices for this type of singing, and yet, you do get this feeling that it isn't really a musical. It's more 'look at all these dance moves and ignore everything else'.

It is a film made for Oscar season, there's no doubt about it. And that's all there is about it. It is a nice story, with nice characters. And for some reason John Legend pops out of nowhere.

So yeah, go see this with your mum and nan, because it's that type of audience in some ways. I literally have nothing else to say on this film, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment